|www.cskcouriers.co.uk - CSK COURIERS|
Tel Warrington 01925 497477
| || |
| || |
Moving house can seem daunting - there's so much to think about. So we have put together a comprehensive Mover's Checklist to help you keep track of tasks essential to a well organised and stress-free move.
4 - 6 weeks before the move
- 4-6 weeks before the move
- 2 weeks leading up to the move
- The first night in your new home
Book a firm date for moving and arrange time off work if possible
When planning your move, consider:
Redirect your Mail & Change your address
- Does your new house allow access for large appliances and pieces of furniture? What level is your new house on? Is there a lift? Do you need to book the lift?
- Plan ahead. Get rid of as many unwanted items as possible through charity shops,car boot sales or on-line aucton sites.
- Start to use all the food in your freezer to prevent wasting it when you move
- Complete an inventory of all items packed
- Check your insurance policy - will it cover the move?
- Make a list of items you'll need available for the moving day, so that you don't pack something essential
2 weeks leading up to the move
Organise your utility accounts
- Arrange for disconnection and reconnection of electricity, gas, telephone and water - you can do this online.
- Don't forget to cancel newspapers, cleaning, gardening, pet grooming and other local services
- Return things like library books and be sure you've picked up any dry-cleaning, shoe repairs etc
- Book professional cleaners if necessary
- If renting, arrange for carpet cleaners to come in after you have moved your furniture
- Defrost and clean your fridge and freezer the day before you move
- Safety - consider all safety implications when packing and moving - see
Last minute and moving day hints
- Make or confirm key collection arrangements
- Pack a small box of items you'll need for immediate use in your new home, including some toiletries, a change of clothes, medicines, toilet paper, soap and towels
- Pack another box with kitchen essentials for the move day such as a kettle, cutlery, mugs, tea, coffee and snacks
- Do a final check of all storage areas
- On moving day, get an early start
- Check off all furniture and boxes against your inventory as they go into the van.
- Turn off electricity at the meter
- Check that all doors and windows are securely locked as you leave your old house
- Be sure to keep your valuables, personal effects and important papers with you, so they don't go astray
- Unpack bedding and make up beds as soon as possible - you'll thank yourself at the end of a tiring day
| || |
Call us now - 01925 497477
Copyright CSK Couriers 2010. All rights reserved.